Saturday, June 4, 2011

Prom!!!

Prom is on Monday and I absolutely cannot wait. I wish I could post the video of my date asking me to prom but it has my last name in it (and I would rather not give that out!). But, regardless of the date, I'm so excited for getting ready!! For the past month I have been working out religiously and diligently every afternoon at the gym, and it's definitely paid off! Now the sun is out, and I've been working on my tan (so I don't have to go to a tanning bed or get a spray tan). The best part is that the academic part of school finally ended yesterday (my last exam was yesterday), and now everything is about prom, prom, prom!!

I'm having 7 girls come over on Monday afternoon to get ready for prom. Most of them are getting their hair done professionally but we're still going to do our makeup and get dressed and have so much fun! I'm doing my best friends hair and makeup, so wish me luck! Also, I'm trying to think of a cute, girly movie to put on while we're getting ready -- any thoughts? Let me know!


I finally chose a dress, and it's the Lilly Pulitzer Jacqueline Dress Embroidered in Hotty Pink. It fits perfectly and it's short and PINK! I feel like a Barbie doll in it! The embroidery on the top and bottom is so pretty!! Did I mention it's hot pink!?!?


Next are the shoes. Staying true to the Lilly girl that I am, I'm wearing the LP Swingin' on a Star Heels. They're 3 inches (which is good because then I'm still shorter than my date!) and the gold goes perfectly with the dress. I actually have to walk around in them all weekend because I am not very coordinated at walking in heels!! I hardly wear them so I have to become an expert by Monday afternoon!


This is not a very good picture (as it was taken on my phone), but these are the earrings I'm wearing. When my mom and I went to get the boutonniere for my date, there was a TON of adorable jewelry at the florist. My mom and I each got a pair, and they were from local jeweler Trudy Selib. 


The clutch I'm bringing is the LP Shell Shocked Clutch in Classic White First Impression. The white matches the embroidery on the dress, and the gold with the shoes and my earrings!

 

Tomorrow I'm getting a manicure with my 2 best friends and I've already chosen the colors. I'm going to have a light pink/nude color on my finger nails (ideally Essie's Mademoiselle or High Maintenance) and then Essie's Movers and Shakers on my toes!



Besides being the prettiest person ever, Dianna Agron (from Glee) has great hair! I'm going to steal her half up/half down hairstyle! I'm going to do it myself because I've practiced it before and it worked out great, plus I'm very picky about people doing my hair for me!


Lastly, I'm going to try to do the simple eye makeup that's shown in the picture of Dianna Agron above!

The schedule of events for Monday are Pre-pre-Prom (at my house), then Pre-Prom (the picture taking/parents socializing bit), then Prom, then Post Prom (at the beach). I'm so excited! Wish me luck!!

Have a great day, y'all!!

xoxo, Hannah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Newwpthemes downloaded from amazetemplates.com