Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Favorite Workout DVD's

I am a pretty active person and I love to work out, so my new year's resolution to try new workout options isn't really a burden!! I love going to the gym and going on the elliptical, and I take a spinning class twice a week, as well as a kickboxing class twice a week. If I'm crunched for time, I'm going to start using workout DVD's! Here are my favorites that I've come across:

I've never done the DVD of this workout before, but I LOVE Zumba! It's a ton of fun! I took the class a couple of times with my friends earlier this school year and I loved it. I usually have to contain my laughter when I start Zumba, only because it looks kind of ridiculous in the beginning. But, the teacher that I had is really good and she helps out with the tricky steps!! It's a nice change to have a dance class rather than working out on the elliptical or treadmill. Zumba is a lot more fun and keeps you entertained! The DVD's are a bit costly though, unfortunately.



P90X is great. My dad has been using it for years and I have done a couple of the workouts since my sophomore year. I love Cardio X, Kenpo X and especially Ab Ripper X. You can really feel a difference quickly!


I already have this Elle Workout Yoga DVD with Brooklyn Decker, and from what I remember, it's really good. It's a fast paced yoga workout (which I like more than regular yoga because I always get really bored). I'm going to try to do this 3-4 times a week on top of my regular cardio workouts!!


I am actually pretty embarrassed that I own this DVD, but I really like it!! It's the Dancing with the Stars Fat Burning Cardio Dance DVD, and it's a lot of fun. I truly love dancing, but the only problem is that I am completely incapable of picking up dance moves quickly. It's so embarrassing and always hilarious, but I am so awful at choreographed dances. So, it's going to take me a while to get the dances on this DVD down, but it's a real workout and I have fun doing it!! There are 3 types of dances on the DVD. One is Latin dancing, the second is Broadway/cabaret dancing (more my style), and the third is modern dance. Each one is 15 minutes long and it's very fast paced and my only complaint is that they jump right into the dances with no time to really go step by step. 


I don't have Turbo Jam yet, but it's made by the same company as P90X. It has kickboxing and cardio dancing (my two favorite things) and is supposed to be really fast-paced and fun. There are 5 DVD's that come in the set (I think...) so that gives a lot of options for what you want to do!! I'm definitely interested in these DVD's, so I'll let y'all know if I get it/like it!!

Do y'all use any workout DVD's? Let me know!!

Have a great day!!

xoxo, Hannah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Newwpthemes downloaded from amazetemplates.com