Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Homecoming Day 1

Today is the first day of "Spirit Week" at my school, even though it's a Wednesday. It's the first day of costumes for homecoming, and I am SO EXCITED! I know this is a very disappointing fact, but I decided against the Betty Draper outfit. I really wanted to do it and it was going to be so much fun, but I think that i thought of something (maybe) better? 

The theme is 1960's, and of course, everyone is basically going as hippies. My best friends are being Sesame Street characters, Jackie O, and Audrey Hepburn, though! And, for my costume, I'm being...Lilly Pulitzer! Yes, I'm obsessed. Yes, the entire summer was basically dedicated to Miss Lilly. But this is 1960's Lilly! I have everything planned out! All I'm missing is a tan!

Here is my inspiration:



And here's what I'm wearing!


This is the dress that I'm wearing. It's one of the most vintage looking shifts that I have, and it's so cute! I'm going to wear gold Jack Rogers, huge gold hoop earrings, and I'm carrying a Kate Spade basket purse!

 

Here is the secret to my sixties hair success: a Bump-It. My brother gave one to me as a joke for my birthday last year, and it's going to come in handy today!  I'm also going to be wearing a ribbon headband with huge Jackie O sunglasses! I'm so excited!


For me, the funniest thing about today is the fact that my brother will be walking the hallways of high school wearing a Gumby costume. The man at Party City assured us that "Gumby and Pokey" were in the 60's, but whatever! It's so funny and cute!

Have a GREAT day, y'all!

xoxo, Hannah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Newwpthemes downloaded from amazetemplates.com