Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Movies

This summer has definitely been the movie summer. My brother and I have seen 5 movies so far and they are still good movies coming out!! It's nice because since I have my license this summer, Drew (my brother) and I can drive to the movies whenever we want! Here are the movies we've seen so far:


Captain America
Love love LOVE this movie!! We saw this last night and I loved it. It was so pro-USA and Chris Evans is fantastic looking. But if y'all go see it, definitely be prepared for some depressing parts!! I was shocked at some of the things that happened in the movie!! I'm trying to convince Drew to see it with me again this week.

Harry Potter
Ah. Harry Potter. How I truly love thee. This was definitely the tear-jerker of the summer (even when it wasn't supposed to be...) because it was the end of the decade long series. But besides the fact that my childhood is officially over, I loved the movie!! It was legitimately good. It went by really quick, it had a perfect action-to-dialogue ratio, and there was nothing that I would have changed about it!!

Midnight in Paris
My mom took me and Drew to Midnight and Paris and we honestly had no idea what it was about. We were pleasantly surprised!! I love the 20's and I spent a majority of my sophomore year learning about American Literature (such as Fitzgerald and Hemingway) and it was so much fun to see the authors/singers/etc. portrayed on screen!! 

Transformers
Drew and I dragged my grandmother to see Transformers when she visited and we all really liked the movie!! Drew was obsessed with the Transformer toys when he was little, and I love the movies (cough cough Shia LaBeouf/Josh Duhamel). It was much better than the 2nd one. I didn't think Megan Fox's replacement - Rosie Huntington-Whitely - was bad at all, and it was funny to see Patrick Dempsey play the villain! 

X-Men
Ahh I wish I had seen this movie twice. I had only seen one other X-Men movie before and I had no idea who everyone was to begin with, but this was a fantastic movie. I loved it!! James McAvoy is the best and the rest of the cast was surprisingly funny. When I got home I watched the rest of the X-Men series (which cleared up a ton) and now I'm hooked!!

Next on our list is (regrettably) Cowboys and Aliens. I'm only going because of Daniel Craig! Then I'll probably see The Help and I want to see Friends with Benefits and Horrible Bosses.

What movies have y'all seen? Let me know!!

Have a fabulous day!!

xoxo, Hannah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Newwpthemes downloaded from amazetemplates.com