Saturday, January 14, 2012

Confusing Weather, Cute Outfits

Right now in Connecticut, it will rain while it's sunny, or it will snow for a minute then go back to 50 degree weather. It is driving me crazy. The weather here is so annoying and it's January!!  It's supposed to get colder (though I'm doubtful), but until then, I'm going to continue to make versatile outfits that can brace CT's random and confusing climate!!


The first outfit is kind of my go-to outfit. You can't really go wrong with a Ralph Lauren/Rugby oxford button down shirt, a cableknit crewneck/v-neck, and jeans. I will wear this outfit from end of September to about end of March (when I am craving Lilly shifts so badly that I will risk hypothermia for pink and green), and it never lets me down. When the weather is nicer, I'll wear the vest and the riding boots, but when it starts to get snowy and gross, I'll wear an actual jacket and the ever-fabulous Bean Boots. 


The second outfit is for when I'm sick of the first outfit. I really like wearing a skirt, tights, and boots because it's a good way to look nice without compromising my legs to frostbite, and also, when it's warmer, I don't die of heatstroke. I like tucking in the J. Crew camel sweater into the J. Crew wool mini skirt, sometimes belted, with some kind of statement necklace...usually from J. Crew. On the other hand, I like wearing a tank top/t-shirt with a cardigan and a scarf. It's very relaxed and can take you from hot to cold and vice versa.

Lastly, here is my compilation of versatile outerwear for wherever the weather takes you. I got the Rugby Navy Blue down vest for Christmas and I am so obsessed with it, I loveeeeee it and I highly recommend it. It is perfect!! Barbour coats are great for the transition from fall to winter, and they are light enough to not be a burden, yet thick enough to not risk your health on colder days. A dress coat is good for warm and cold days, and I love my J. Crew ruffle coat from a couple of years ago. It's great for going out and about, as well as going to nice dinners.

I hope this helps y'all!!

And finally, I am not a complete cripple anymore for I am able to walk around without crutches! I still have a little bootie to wear but it's no hassle. My stitches only hurt a little bit but otherwise the surgery went very well! It's still really nice to have a long weekend!!! What are y'all doing for the MLK weekend? Let me know!!

Have a great day!!

xoxo, Hannah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Newwpthemes downloaded from amazetemplates.com